Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Pictures and Other Ramblings

John's Picture Gallery


I realize it has been a while since I have posted pictures of John. So here are a few taken the months of October and November of John at play with us. With this crew, the poor boy doesn't get any rest. Last weekend he went down with my wife and daughter for the annual crop till you drop weekend for the Hill ladies. Joy said that he had so much stimulation that he didn't sleep at all Saturday. As you can see in the pictures, John is very alert and just like his siblings, he doesn't want to miss out on anything or anyone talking with him. Maybe that's why John sleeps so well in the mornings for me. His siblings have him going from the time they come home from school til the time they go to bed.

John is doing well and we see changes in him daily. I was glad to have them all back on Sunday but enjoyed the weekend with my boys. But we are entering a new stage of life in this family. A stage where new found independence calls my oldest boy (age 13) away from the nest more and more. Either he has something to do with friends at school, a basketball game, etc. Last weekend while we had our weekend together, one of my boys had a soccer tournament while the oldest one took part in a nearby Veterans Day celebration at our Veterans Wall (he thought of you John). I don't mind that he is so active. All I've got to say is he will be able to drive in 3 years - we are all looking forward to that change.

I think last weekend was also good because it gave my side of the family time to interact with John. Often times, through no fault of our own, we have preconceived ideas about children with Down syndrome. And often times those preconceived ideas are not as accurate as we are led to believe, so I am glad to share John with people every chance I get.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, he's adorable! Looks like a little guy with a big personality. I bet you see more and more of it as each day goes by. Thanks for posting more pics!

By the way, in response to your previous post about laziness, Samantha's heart problem made her very, very hard to wake for her feedings. We were so desperate to make sure she was growing well that we would spend a good portion of the day trying to figure out how to wake her and feed her. We were successful--doctors were very happy with her growth. Persistence pays off, no matter what the goal is you're trying to reach.

Anonymous said...

Great pics man, We cannot wait to see him Christmas. Really neat Jeremy had the opportunity to pay respect to the many veterans at his age.